Seneca Falls, NY. The pork industry will be the featured agricultural sector at the Farm Bureau Family Education Center at the 2016 Empire Farm Days at Rodman Lott and Son Farms in Seneca Falls, NY, August 9, 10 and 11. Visitors can test their knowledge about the diversity of the pork industry with the Wheel of Agriculture. Exhibits and resources will focus on the vast array of products made possible by pork producers in New York State.
Additions to the Farm Bureau Family Education Center for 2016 include:
- new commodity brochures, exhibits and feel boxes;
- a showcase exhibit of the 2015 Farm Bureau Promotion and Education award-winning Franklin County Farm Bureau Farm Safety Day program that included
manure pit safety, PTO safety and confined space awareness;
- an exhibit illustrating the vast diversity and acres devoted to agricultural production in New York State with farm numbers for each of the New York Farm
- a special time each day with free face painting for the children to add a small agricultural accent on their face or hand; and
- a new Ag in the Classroom exhibit featuring the What’s In The Garden book selected for the March 2017 Ag Literacy Week visits to classrooms throughout New York State.
The New York Farm Bureau leadership network area has been updated with a variety of information along with current news, event, programs, awards and resources in the Youth, Young Farmer, Collegiate area of the tent. The Benefits area highlights all the reasons to become a Farm Bureau member.
The 2016 New York Farm Bureau Scholarship winners will be featured with information about applying for the 2017 scholarships in November of 2016.
The Grain Box area has toy farm equipment, interactive games, puzzles, a coloring contest for prizes, and straw bale seating. New York Farm Bureau balloons will be available to visitors along with popcorn and juice refreshments.
Empire Farm Days is the largest outdoor agricultural trade show in the Northeastern U.S. The 300-acre event provides educational seminars, crop and working equipment demonstrations, agricultural and outdoors information and vendor booths, live animals, and rural life exhibits. Parking is $10 per vehicle. Learn more at empirefarmdays.com.
Click HERE to download the full release in PDF format.